As natives of the Aloha State, we already know Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on earth. But sometimes there is a price to pay for living in paradise. Our gorgeous water and landscape is also filled with many dangers. While thousands of people visit Hawaii each year on vacation to experience new adventures, many tourists will leave with serious injuries caused by the negligence of others. Before you call a Hawaii personal injury lawyer, here are some of the most common vacation injuries in Hawaii.
- Scuba diving accidents: Hawaii is renowned for its water sports. Few places on the planet can match our level of surf along with fun in the sun. Among the most popular activities is scuba diving. Before you get in the water, it is the responsibility of scuba guides to make sure each diver is certified and has the proper equipment. Failure to do so can result in catastrophic injuries and even death. Over the years, we have seen far too many personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, involving scuba diving, that could have been prevented by simply following these two steps.
- Helicopter & Airplane Accidents: There are few better ways to appreciate the amazing landscape of the Hawaiian Islands than to witness them from the air. Helicopter and small aircraft are often used to provide amazing sightseeing tours. But they can also be dangerous if proper safety precautions are not followed. Poor equipment and a lack of maintenance are often common factors in helicopter and airplane injuries. Depending on the injuries, the aircraft’s owner, management company or manufacturer can be the subject of a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
- Slip and falls: It can be funny to watch a person slip and fall in the movies. But when it happens to you, it is no laughing matter. Slip and falls are among the most common personal injury lawsuits in Hawaii. That is because they can happen just about anywhere. Whether you fall while on a hiking trail or slip on a wet spot at a grocery store, the results can be disastrous. Most people are fortunate to escape with minor bumps, bruises or scratches. Others are not so fortunate. A broken hip or fractured skull can leave permanent physical damage.
- Watercraft Collisions: There is no better way to enjoy fun on the water than riding a jet ski or taking a boat. Water skiing is also a popular activities. But anytime you are traveling at high speeds on the water, there is always a threat of danger. When you are using poor equipment or outdated watercraft the results can be disastrous. Whether you are a tourist or native, make sure your operator is following proper safety precautions. If you have never operated watercraft, do not attempt to use these vehicles unsupervised.
- Biking accidents: Hawaii’s roadways are unique. Because we live on a chain of small islands, the terrain can sometime be treacherous. But it also means bicyclists must share the roads with cars, trucks and motorcycles. Anytime your body is exposed on the road, any contact can be fatal. If you are on a bike tour, make sure you tour guides know the safest routes and are prepared to provide first aid in case of an emergency.
Hawaii isn’t just a great place to visit. It’s also a wonderful place to live. But if you suffer a serious injury due to the negligence of others, it is important to contact a Hawaii personal injury attorney that will protect your rights and look out for your best interests. To learn more contact the the legal professional at Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli , P.A. to schedule a consultation.