Life is full of the unexpected, which, unfortunately, could include an unexpected serious accident you never prepared for, followed by the just compensation and settlement you needed you did not receive from those at fault.
At Kurzban, Kurzban, Tetzeli, and Pratt, our serious injury attorneys are specialized with years of experience in this class of law for cases throughout Hawaii. It is our duty to help either the families of those who have died from serious injuries or clients whose injuries have left them so seriously injured that they need lifelong help physically, financially, and mentally.
Areas of Serious Personal Injuries in Hawaii
Here are a few areas of serious personal injury situations that we can focus on:
- Medical malpractice: When your trusted healthcare professionals do not carry through what they were expected to and something goes seriously wrong, that is medical malpractice.
- Organ failure: This is often due to something that has gone wrong in a hospital setting, which can result in a patient needing medical care for the rest of their life.
- Paralysis: Someone can be paralyzed due to a number of accidents, from a workplace fall to a surgery gone wrong.
- Medical negligence: A serious injury can be a result of a medical professional’s misdiagnosis or negligent care.
- Wrongful death: This could be the result of a workplace accident, medical malpractice, or the use of a malfunctioning or dangerous product.
- Wheelchair accident: An accident is one thing; an accident and serious injury when you are wheelchair-bound is another level of seriousness.
What is Considered a Serious Injury and Why?
You might be wondering why some of the injuries we previously listed are considered serious. The key thing to remember is that for an injury to be considered severe, it needs to leave you with permanent or temporary damage that affects your quality of life. Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries are some of the most permanent and life-changing injuries we see, but any injury can change your life. You should never assume that your injury is not severe enough for a case.
Any injury can lead to months or years of treatment, which could mean an inability to work and medical bills piling up rapidly. You should not be left to deal with these alone. The responsible party should be held liable for their actions and you should be compensated accordingly.
Proving Negligence in Your Case
When it comes to any kind of personal injury case, the key is to prove negligence. Your Hawaii serious injury attorney will need to prove that the other party acted negligently or intentionally reckless and that their actions led to your injury. We will work to prove negligence through the following processes:
- Proving the party owed you a legal duty of care in the situation
- The party breached that duty of care
- The breach of duty of care caused your injuries
- You suffered damages as a result of the injuries
Although this sounds simple enough, it can be tedious in some cases. You should never try to handle these cases on your own and should enlist the help of a Hawaii serious injury lawyer instead.
What to Look for When Choosing a Hawaii Serious Injury Attorney
Choosing the right attorney can make the difference between obtaining compensation for your injuries and damages, or walking away with nothing and piles of debt. Many people think that the only way to find an attorney is by watching television and waiting for an ad to pop up or checking the Yellow Pages. Times have changed and you can find a Hawaii serious injury attorney online.
When you find an attorney online you can take more time to do your research instead of basing your decision on a 30-second commercial. Attorney websites will often have client testimonials so you can get a real-life account of their work. This can help you to narrow down your search. However, be cautious as some attorneys will only post good reviews on their websites. Check other sources like Google reviews or other forums.
When you sit down for a consultation, this is your time to ask questions. You are both interviewing each other and it is best to get as much information as possible in order to make the best decision. You can ask about their experience, such as past cases similar to yours and how they have faired with trials. Ask about their education and knowledge on the particulars of your case. If you are satisfied, then this might be a sign to proceed with the Hawaii serious injury attorney.
Our Serious Injury Legal Process in Hawaii
If you think you are the victim of any of these serious injury situations, our dedicated team of serious injury attorneys will guide and support you through our process, which includes:
- Initial consultation to find out the basic information about your accident
- A launch to build your case through our investigative team who will recreate the accident and collect any necessary evidence for your cause. We will communicate with you every step of the way with updates and follow-ups on any progress.
- Starting initial negotiations by contacting the insurance company or at-fault party. We will always fight for your rights and the compensation you deserve for your injuries, damages, pain, and suffering.
Using this process, we are passionate about tirelessly working to get the fair compensation you deserve.
How We Can Help Your Serious Injury in Hawaii?
Here at Kurzban, Kurzban, Tetzeli, and Pratt, our serious injury attorneys have more than 25 years of experience winning settlements for our clients. We know you are feeling a sense of loss or normalcy, feeling additional stress and frustration from loss of employment, or stress from that heaping pile of medical bills because of your injuries.
We are here to help you understand your rights and to understand the compensation you deserve. We do not want to let the carelessness of those at fault or the unfair methods sometimes taken by insurance companies keep you from that. That is what we are here to avoid every step of the way. You can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 866-377-3676.